Soros Fund is playing it coy, saying, they “own some coins.” Is Bitcoin one of them?
Soros Fund Management CEO Dawn Fitzpatrick said that the company owns some crypto coins and that the digital-asset space has gone mainstream: BBG
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) October 5, 2021
Recommended: Did Soros Fund Buy Bitcoin?
During an interview with Bloomberg, Soros Fund CEO and CIO Dawn Fitzpatrick said Soros Fund added crypto to their portfolio, confirming a story from June quoting anonymous sources at the fund.
- At the time, an anonymous source told The Street that Soros Fund was “more than just kicking tires.”
- However, Fitzpatrick did not specify which coins or how much of the Soros portfolio crypto currently makes up.
- Though Fitzpatrick did give the internet a fun little cipher: “The coins themselves are less interesting than the use cases of Bitcoin is one of those coins, considering it’s not really DeFi friendly — unless its wrapped. Then again, according to her cipher, it could be Litecoin. Cue fake press release. and things like that.” I think its fair to say
- Fitzpatrick also noted that her firm doesn’t view crypto as just an inflation hedge: “I think it’s crossed the chasm to mainstream.” She added, “There’s 200 million users around the world, so I think this has gone mainstream.”
- Beyond investing in cryptocurrency, Soros Fund has also made significant investments in crypto infrastructure, investing 200 million in NYDIG.