It may not be the Bitcoin ETF we wanted, but it’ll do.
Finally #Bitcoin Future ETF get approved by SEC.
We fight for years, from out of nowhere to become something. pic.twitter.com/ocZLbuuFKH
— RyanCiz.eth(in LA) (@ryanciz233) October 15, 2021
I’ll be honest. I thought this day would never come. I just had this feeling that something would go wrong. Maybe because I never read The Secret. But looks like I won’t have to because it did actually happen: a Bitcoin ETF was approved.
Recommended: Is The Bitcoin Futures ETF Priced In?
- The news comes care of a Registration Statement posted on the SEC website for ProShares Trust. The statement shows the “approximate date of proposed public offering,” which is October 18th, 2021.
- Bitcoin price is spiking on the news. It’s up 3% since 1 pm EST. It’s now trading in the $62k range, up from $60k.
- On the news, Bitcoin is less than 2k away from its all-time high.
- As predicted by Eric Balchunas, ProShares appears to be the first out the gate.
- Yes, it’s not the physically backed ETFs that Canadians get to have, but it’s something. For more how well a futures ETF performed in Canada, and what means for the US, check out my earlier piece.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
The post It’s Official: Bitcoin Futures ETF Approved By SEC appeared first on CryptosRus.